KN95 Face Mask (Coronavirus / COVID-19 Protection) – PM2.5 Anti Particle
Prioritizing health care workers
Protecting our health care workers (clinics/healthcare centres, & private practices) is our top priority for use of this PPE, so all orders will be prioritized accordingly.
That being said, we are an importer and are NOT limited in the supply of the stock we can import.
Therefore we can still ethically supply the public and businesses with the goods they need to properly protect themselves and their staff.
Check out our mask guide -> WHAT FACE MASK TO WEAR? MASK COMPARISON
KN95 Protective Mask is a respiratory protective device designed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles includes PM2.5 dust and bacteria/virus / Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The 4-ply foldable face mask has a filtration efficiency of greater than/equal 95%, to protect against microns greater than 0.3 in. size, effectively protecting respiratory health. The masks help prevent the spread of germs and protect yourself from airborne particles and allergens.
In response to the crisis, the CDC has listed KN95 masks as an alternative to N95 masks and after comparing the masks, a technical bulletin from 3M™ confirms that “it is reasonable to consider China KN95….as equivalent to US NIOSH N95 and European FFP2 respirators.”
- Filter Level: >95% (0.3 Microns – MPPS, the most difficult particle size to capture)
- Standard: GB2626-2006 is called KN95
- Made of high-quality materials, safe, soft and comfortable.
Is this masks medical grade?
These masks are non-sterile and should NOT be used for surgical procedures. For the purposes of the current global pandemic, these masks offer good general protection.
GB 19083-2010 is the alternative protective face mask standard for medical use that filters particulate matter in the air, and block the droplets, blood, body fluids, secretions etc (in the medical working environment).
- When the mask gets contamination such as saliva (anybody fluids), it must be replaced
- If breathing resistance is greater than before and must be replaced
- If the mask is damaged in any way it must be replaced
- It is recommended to replace it after using it 4 times.
FFP2 vs N95 vs KN95 – What’s the difference?
- The most commonly discussed respirator type is N95. This is an American standard managed by NIOSH – part of the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Europe uses a “filtering facepiece” score (FFP). This comes from EN standard 149:2001 – drafted and maintained by CEN (European Committee for Standardization).
- KN95 is one of the levels specified in the Chinese Standard GB2626-2006.
- During this global shortage, CDC recommends using KN95 as an alternative to N95
- Let’s see how they compare:
You could (over)simplify things to say FFP2 (94%) = N95 (95%) = KN95(95%)
We only source our masks through existing reputable suppliers (we would not import these otherwise).
- Below are the images of certificates and products provided by the suppliers (we will be getting in a mixture of shipments depending on who can supply as we need)
- Please note: We ship masks with packets of 2 units together (no boxes or other packaging)